Top Blogging Tools And Resources
Having the right tools and resources for your blog can make a HUGE difference. Below is a huge list of my top blogging tools and resources to help you work smarter, not harder.
Many of the links below are my affiliate links. I only recommend products or services that I genuinely enjoy and have gotten great results with for my own business.
Please note that this page may contain affiliate links.
- Canva - This is my new found LOVE. I seriously don't know what I did before I found Canva. It is one of the easiest services to edit your blog graphics and it's free. You can also check out my Canva tutorial video.
- BigStock - You can use this site to purchase stock photos for your blog. They offer a wide variety of photos to choose from. You can either signup for their monthly membership plan, or purchase individual photos.
- PicMonkey - PicMonkey is another awesome graphic design tool. It is simple to use and you do not need any kind of graphic design experience to figure it out.
- Convertkit - Convertkit is my favorite email marketing platform for professional bloggers. You can easily create email sequences, tag subscribers, grow your list, and automate your email marketing. ConvertKit can handle it all from one app: forms, landing pages, drip emails, and newsletters. Read my post on Why I Switched to Convertkit.
- Squarespace - Squarespace is a really slick website building tool. It has a big variety of templates which can be easily modified through an intuitive Style Editor tool that allows you to add and edit images, change fonts, colors, backgrounds and do live previews to see exactly what your visitors see.
- Edgar - With MeetEdgar you can place your social media content into a queue and keep adding newer posts and articles to it, without the need to reschedule (saving hours every single week!) You can even categorise your content into what it is you want to post - quotes, blog articles, promotions - the possibilities are endless.
- BoardBooster - This is my favorite pinning tool. It allows me to batch pin and schedule out my week ahead of time so that I don't waste time. If you signup using my link you will get 2 free months of BoardBooster.
PRODUCTIVITY + BUSINESS
- Asana - Asana is a project management platform, so much more than a to do list! Asana lets you add every task from either your computer, phone tablet (or Slack!). With tags and assigning tasks you and everyone else on your team can stay on track knowing what steps need to be taken next.
- Google Drive - Google Drive is amazing for cloud storage - especially if you use Google’s other services, such as the office suite or Gmail. You can edit your stored files on-the-fly, access them from anywhere, and even collaborate with others to work on and share the contents of your cloud storage.
- Productivity Planner - The Productivity Planner combines productivity principles based on scientific research into a simple daily format that will help you conquer lazy and unaccomplished "busy" days. You get 6 months worth of daily productivity planning and Weekly Planning & Review sections designed to make you reflect on your productivity and enable growth and improvement.
- Slack - As a simple instant messaging system, Slack has all the collaboration features you need in place. To make the most of it, you can add integrations which will allow you to set up alerts for activity on social media, add tasks directly from Slack to Asana and much more.
- LastPass - LastPass is a fantastic password manager. The program allows complex passwords to be created and saved, saves time on filling in web forms and has a variety of additional security features for your peace of mind.
- Screenflow - Screenflow is a great easy to use program for capturing videos of your screen and then processing them into professionallooking finished products. With just a few clicks, you can start recording and as when you finish you can edit the video and export it to YouTube or your own website.
- Teachable - Teachable is by far my favorite online course platform - for free and paid courses. If you want to just get up and running and focus on creating and selling your course (a wise use of your time), Teachable is the way to go.
Microphone - Perfect for YouTube videos, podcasts and calls, it comes with a stand and has a great sound quality.
Webcam - Great webcam that takes crisp clean videos. It records and compresses at the same time making sure uploading videos won't take days. Perfect little camera to record quality videos for your audience.